Contest Rules of Photo contest "Discovering Hue heritage" within the framework of Hue International Photography Festival 2023
1. PURPOSE AND CALLING NAME
1.1. Purpose: The Hue International Photography Festival 2023 is being held in Hue Ancient Capital, hosting diverse activities including photography, seminars, exhibitions, and volunteer works. These activities serve for the purpose of promoting beautiful images of Vietnam and Vietnamese people, especially the history of the Ancient Capital as well as fortifiying international relationship between countries through photography.
The photography contest this year is promised to diversify the collection of activites held in Hue, with the scope of promoting Hue heritages, enriching the photo collections about Hue, therefore, enhancing tourism and cultural expansion in Hue ancient capital.
1.2. The official name of the Hue ancient capital photography contest this year is: “Discover Hue Heritage"
2. CONTENT TOPIC & CATEGORY
2.1. Theme: The contest’s theme this year will be tangible and intangible heritage, culture, architecture, landscape, people of Hue Ancient Capital. Hue is renowned for many tangible and intangible heritages, which have amazed and recognized by UNESCO. This is why, Hue International Photography Festival 2023 will be an opportunity for professional photographers to gather in Hue and to one more time, reminiscencing the beauty of this wonder land through the eyes of international photographers.
2.2. Content: The contest is in search of photographic works with a delicate and creative perspective, significant content, unique and stunning visual approaches, showcasing an artistic language of emotions and great humanity through the content. The photo’s genres are listed below:
- Photographic works depicting various types of heritage
- Photographic works about craft villages
- Photographic works about urban culture
- Photography works on architecture
- Landscape photography
- Photographic works about human portraits
- Photographic works about lagoon activities
- Participants are allowed to enter the contest are those who have registed for the Hue International Photography Festival 2023 – CB 20 Plus – Discover Hue Heritage.
- Member of the Board of organization and Board of judges will not be allowed to enter the contest
4. SCOPE OF RULE ADJUSTMENT
- The Contest Rules serve as the foundation for administering the Association's photography award work Co-Judge in the framework of the photo contest "Discovering Hue Heritage" in the framework of the Hue International Photography Festival 2023 event.
- Contest regulations apply to Hue International Photography Festival 2023 - CB 20 Plus - Discover Hue Heritage participants.
- Contest regulations serve as the foundation for the International Photography Festival - Hue's Organizing Committee to review and decide on the results of the Board of Directors' judging and awarding in the framework of the photo contest "Discover Hue Heritage" in 2023.
5. VALIDITY OF PHOTOGRAPHS
5.1. Contest form: Only individual author entries will be accepted.
5.2. Number of works submitted: Each author may submit up to eight works.(2 photographs per day)
5.3. Contest entry requirements:
- Each work submitted must consist of two parts: the main work (photo) and the descriptive information about the main work.
- A valid photo entry is one that appropriately fits the contest theme and was taken in Hue between September 10 and 13, 2023.
- Photos are saved in JPEG format with the horizontal and vertical sides at 3000 pixels minimum, resolution 240 dpi, file size limit less than 15Mb.
-Technical modification is allowed to the submitted photos. Collage photographs are not permitted.
- Only single photograph will be accepted. Set photos are not permitted.
- Color and monochrome photographs are also acceptable.
- Submitted photographs must not violate ethical standard, such as static customs, nude images, and images of hatred, violence, or treason, contents that are against cultural and religious feelings, anti-political propaganda, ethnic seperations, and so forth...
- Photography creations in which not using photography techniques is not allowed.
- Do not accept artificial intelligence-created products.
- Do not accept images with borders, signatures, writing, or any other characters or marks on the product.
6. TIME, LOCATION, AND MANNER OF SENDING WORKS
6.1. Contest schedule:
- Entries will be accepted from September 10, 2023 to 2 p.m. on September 13, 2023.
- On September 13, 2023, at 3 p.m., the jury will judge photos live.
- The results will be announced and prizes will be awarded at 7 p.m. September 13, 2023.
6.2. Submitting Work:
- Submit your work directly through the organizers' page.
- The following info that are required in the submitted work: The title of the photograph, the author's name, and the author’s country of birth. Name of the image file: Phtograph’s title - author name – Author’s country of birth (for example, Muahoadang - NguyenThanhTung -Vietnam)
The Contest rewards include symbolic prizes, gifts, and a paper certificate presented by the Vietnam Association of Photographic Artists as part of the event Hue International Photography Festival 2023 (not including membership points).
Hue International Photography Festival 2023'S Awards :
01 Grand prize Photography Award
01 Hue's heritage Photography Award
01 Craft village Photography Award
01 Urban culture Photography Award
01 Architecture Photography Award
01 Landscape Photography Award
01 Portrait Photography Award
01 Lagoon's lifestyle Photography Award
8. USE OF THE CONTESTANT’S WORK AND AUTHOR'S RESPONSIBILITY
- Submitting work to participate in the contest indicates the author's approval of The contest Rules and grants the contest Organizing Committee the rights to use their work.
- The organizing committee has full rights to utilize the contest entries for media efforts promoting beautiful images of Vietnam country, Vietnamese people and especially Hue Ancient Capital.
- The participant must be the author of the photographs. The author of the photograph is solely liable before the law for the copyright and legality of the contest images.
-The organizing committee will not responsiblle for any issue related to copyright . Complaints about the copyright of the entries (if any) will be solely resolved or self-complaint between disputed parties. The Organizer shall not be held liable for any copyright disputes or legal difficulties that may arise.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the authority to remove the reward for the winning or exibition work in case of discovering any breach of the regulations. The organzing committee may also modify the contest rules and rewards structure promtly according to the actual circumstances.
9. BOARD OF JUDGES
The Organizing Committee will establish a board of judges to evaluate the works of Contestants. The board of judges will proudly present international and renowed photographers in the field of photography. Contest judges work according to working regulations and awarding regulations.
Outlined above is the regulations for the photo contest "Discover Hue Heritage" within the framework of the event Hue International Photography Festival 2023 ./.
PP. The organizing committee of Hue international photography festival 2023
Chief of department